Widget Recent Post No.

header ads

Recent Posts

header ads

I lost my temper with my daughter. I feel I’m failing as a parent | Dear Mariella

Escalating tensions need to be halted so getting help is essential, says Mariella

The dilemma I’m a single mother of two. My 11-year-old daughter and I have constant disputes and I feel I’m failing at parenting. I don’t think it’s normal to engage in blow-ups at her age and I don’t want this to be our relationship. I work and find it very hard to balance everything. I can be quite tired and emotionally spent and then not have the patience I need to be the mum I want to be. I’m not happy with the fact that recently I smacked my daughter. I know I need help.

A few years back we did a class together that was supposed to bring us closer, and it was great. However, things have gone bad again now that she’s getting older. Her dad and I don’t get along well, so I have no back-up from him and never had any while we were living together. We just aren’t on the same page when it comes to parenting.

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3cSeax7

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Pay Less When You Drive Less